-----Original Message-----
From: Olav Dahlum [mailto:odahlum@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2011 9:25 PM

So I think this cooks down to mismanagement above everything else...

-Olav

For the average office clerk it is a nightmare to change from one office
package to an other. Certainly if neither one is considerably better than
the other. And above all the file formats do not fit perfectly.
For organisations it is a blessing that their employees happily purchase
software and train themselves in their own free time.
The open source community is too dispersed to show a single face to the
world, with possibly Linux as only relevant exception.

This move of the German Foreign Office can not have come as a surprise. How
much I regret them moving away, I do not think this is mismanagent on their
side. The only thing you can blame them for is that it has taken them so
long.
Pieter