Personally, I still hoping for a dedicated brainstorming site in the
long-term, but that requires some adventurous people being able to
handle the web infrastructure.

Maybe we can setup something like http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com
It uses this software: http://www.ideatorrent.org/

The problem with this is getting the developers there.
On the Ubuntu brainstorm site, there are a lot of good ideas, but for
most of them no developer cares.