On Tue, 2011-03-29 at 22:51 +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
Hi Nuno,

        First - great work :-) and good to have you helping out here Nuno.

        Second - this is a page of incredible importance to developers, and as
such - any changes to it need to be discussed and decided on the
developer list.

        Thirdly - I'd like to see it changed only after more thought, and I am
out tomorrow so can't be involved in that.

I made an attempt to split it under my user pages,
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Njsg/EasyHacksIndex

Looking great IMHO!

        Personally I dislike pages that fragment and hide the information I'm
looking for behind some high-latency switch-tab / middle-click /
re-load-page stuff. They also tend to make it much harder to search
within that category quickly (ctrl-F style), now I have to do
ctrl-F/alt-N/switch-tab/ctrl-F/alt-N/alt-N/switch-tab/ctrl-F etc. etc.

        I agree the information is not as cleanly structured as it could be;
and that perhaps a separate index to the same data might be good (though
it might also have maintenance problems). Possibly just re-structuring
that page would help.

It is. Anyone vetoing Nunos great work? Opinions?
(I am hoping for a lot of +1s here for your effort.)

        IMHO the discuss list is the wrong venue for any number of +1s when it
comes to developer focused marketing / infrastructure.

        I'm also fairly convinced that at a first approximation sorting by
easy-ness is what people most want when they hit that thing; rather than
by more vague categories. Then again - if we have -enough- tasks in each
of the categories perhaps it could be made to fly, but ... needs
thought.

        I'd also like to hear from some of our new developers that liked that
page - again, on the dev list.

        HTH,

                Michael.