<snip>
On Saturday, March 26, 2011 09:30:31 AM Carl Symons wrote:
On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 9:23 AM, Jaime R. Garza <garzaj@gmail.com>
wrote:
Hi Peter,

I don't really understand the logic behind your suggestion.

You want LO to drop support for the defacto-standard file format???

I don't really see any good reason for doing such a completely
strategically wrong decision.

Cheers!

Jaime

Although MS stopped free support for MS Office 2003 some time ago,
its use is still widespread. It would be a mistake for LibO to
support the ill-defined, shifting OOXML and deprecate MS 2003
support.

Carl
</snip>
I constantly recieve office 2003 .xls files from users. If you mean the
OOXML files I've never recieved any of them from the users I get
spreadsheets from. I doubt they would know what the are. I even get a
spreadsheet from a user who uses Win 98.

Also the present version of LibreOffice I use has aproblem with an
occassional spreadsheet from OpenOffice. I am about ready to report it
as a bug.

This is just a comment.

Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to
discuss+help@documentfoundation.org Archive:
http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/ *** All
posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***