RGB ES wrote:
AFAIK, hunspell is used for all dictionaries so the problem is not the
engine but the dictionary itself: they need to be build around the
idea of using compound words and that huge work (it seems) is not
complete yet.

Ricardo
That makes sense, the spell checker works very well except for the fact that it flags far too many words that are not actually misspelled, just absent from the internal word list. My experience is that the vast majority of these words are compound words.