On 02/27/2011 01:09 PM, M Henri Day wrote:
2011/2/27 NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net>

On 02/27/2011 11:52 AM, M Henri Day wrote:
2011/2/27 NoOp <snipped>

On 02/27/2011 07:10 AM, M Henri Day wrote:
That's OK as it is pulling the images from an http vs http:

http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/Screenshot-12.png
In other words, its mixed & only 'partially' secure.

Not quite sure what you mean by «pulling the images from an http vs http»
here, Gary, as the address for which the anomalous security ratings is
shown
is, in fact, «https://www.libreoffice.org/», i e, a https address. In
any
event, I still get the above messages for «https://www.libreoffice.org/»
on
Opera....

What that means is that the rotating images that you see on the page
showing LO screenshots are obtained from
http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/. That's a
non-encrypted link & so Opera is telling you that there are unencrypted
objects on the page & therefore isn't completely secure. In other
browsers (Firefox for instance) you will see a 'broken lock' on that
page to indicate that it has mixed objects (unencrypted/encrypted).

Gary, I can't access the
http://www.libreoffice.org/<http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/>
assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/<http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/><http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/>page
; when I try I'm informed that I don't have the requisite permissions.

That's correct - you don't have permission. I was only pointing out that
the .png's for the screenshots on the web page pull the files from
there. You will of course be able to access these:

<http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/Screenshot-12.png>

<http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/Screenshot-11.png>

<http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/Screenshot-10.png>

etc. I was just pointing out that those are the reason why you are
getting a mixed (encrypted/unencrypted) page notice.

If those links used https:
<https://www.libreoffice.org/assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/Screenshot-10.png>
Then the entire page would show as secure when you use https to access it.