2011/2/27 NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net>

On 02/27/2011 07:10 AM, M Henri Day wrote:

Interesting ! I checked this out in FF, Chromium, and Opera and at first
glance everything looked fine. However, that latest Opera contains a
feature
that allows one to check security information with respect to a website,
and
under the «Security» tab, I see the following (my translation from the
Swedish) :
*
This web site is not secure.*

The connexion to www.libreoffice.org is not secure and should not be
used to
transmit sensitive information. The server attempted to activate security
functions but failed.

The above notice is followed by a so-called «certificate summary», as
follows :

Owner : *.libreoffice.org, Florian Effenberger
Issuer : StartCom Class2 Primary Intermediate Server, CA StartCom Ltd.
Expires : 2012-12-27 01.37.00 GMT

Encryption protocol : TLS v1.0 256 bit AES (1024 bit DHE_RSA/SHA)

Henri

That's OK as it is pulling the images from an http vs http:

http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/resized_screenshots_avoid/Screenshot-12.png
In other words, its mixed & only 'partially' secure.

Not quite sure what you mean by «pulling the images from an http vs http»
here, Gary, as the address for which the anomalous security ratings is shown
is, in fact, «https://www.libreoffice.org/», i e, a https address. In any
event, I still get the above messages for «https://www.libreoffice.org/» on
Opera....

If you try https://www.libreoffice.org/download/ that page should show
the security lock. And if you check the security (Tools|Advanced|Page
Security Info) you should see:
The connection to www.libreoffice.org is secure.

Opera/9.80 (X11; Linux i686; U; en) Presto/2.7.62 Version/11.01

That was indeed the case on Opera 11.01 on my 64-bit Ubuntu 10.10 setup....

The issue, at this point, is with SeaMonkey (linux) & Konquer. If I try
on SeaMonkey Windows 2.1b2 it's fine:
http://img402.imageshack.us/f/seamonkeycertwindows1.png/

I've posted on the SeaMonkey dev group to see I someone there can figure
out the issue.

Gary

Archived for eternity ! Not bad - I'd settle for half of that !....

Henri