On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:53:35 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
In fact these are extracted from the git logs... You need to make sure
you commit new code with a correct full name and email address.

      Right; but of course, perhaps we can fix this for the past by adding
some exceptions: any chance we can add 'Gianluca Turconi' as a
replacement for 'luctur' in your script ?

There is an "alias" file at
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~cbosdo/gitdm-lo-config/tree/aliases
 which can be used to merge several email addresses.

My attribution script also extracts all "real names" from the git logs
and prefers a 2-word name over a 1-word name. So if you commit as
"luctur <this@is.me>" and as "Gianluca Turconi <this@is.me>" the next
time, the full name will be shown. The disadvantage is that "Wol" will
now always be credited as "Wols Lists" :-).

I hope that makes things clear.

In fact, I' haven't found among the contributors the name of
Davide Prina, co-author of the Italian spellchecker dictionary.

      I guess we need to think about this too - perhaps we need an addendum
list of people who have contributed things, but for whom the git log is
inaccurate / incomplete / fragmentary :-)

Of course, we can only look at the "author" or "committer" names for the
commits. And if those are wrong/missing...

      Looking at the (pretty) web page, it might be helpful too to have an
affiliation tag for old (non-Sun/Oracle) contributors on the page too.

I did not include affiliation tags on purpose, as I did not want to be
too invasive concerning privacy. The Oracle guys already complained that
their name shows up on a Libreoffice web site (ask thorsten), and I did
not want to go too far to make people complain (even if it is based on
public information anyway). But if the SC says they are fine with
affiliations, I can easily add those affiliations that we have identified.

Oh, and a mail link at the bottom for corrections (the dev list
perhaps?).

I'll add something to have people mail me directly, I only skim the dev
list these days. That having said, there is still no update mechanism in
place as I still don't have access to that CMS. :-(

Sebastian