I remember my days of working for an outfit that used Outlook and MS
products.  I looked into Outlook for myself.  I was not amused.

Years later I turned to Linux, and the particular distribution I chose
installed Evolution by default.  I looked into it.  I was not amused.
So I tried uninstalling it.  Come to find out it had it's hooks into so
much of the distribution that the distribution would have collapsed if I
had uninstalled it.  So I disabled it, instead.

I used Thunderbird.  And, shortly after, learned that there was a
plug-in called Lightning that took care of the problem of a calendar.
Hence Evolution (better named devolution) was unnecessary.  Not only
that, but the calendar in Thunderbird (Lightning) could be hooked up to
the Google calendar, making it share-able (as an editor for the Ubuntu
Weekly Newsletter that was a bonus, since the events ended up being
logged on that calendar, and I could transfer them to the newsletter
without too much difficulty).

So, what am I saying?  You don't NEED to add something useless like
Outlook or Evolution to LO.  You just have to allow Thunderbird to
connect to it, and people can make their own choice as to whether they
want all the other bells and whistles.  Therefore, no increase in size
due to bundling but the advantage that those that WANT the extras can
have them without difficulty

Craig
Tyche