HI

Em 31-12-2010 17:45, Carl Symons escreveu:
On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Andy Brown<andy@the-martin-byrd.net>  wrote:
On Fri Dec 31 2010 11:17:28 GMT-0800 (PST)  Carl Symons wrote:

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 11:01 AM, Andy Brown<andy@the-martin-byrd.net>
wrote:

On Fri Dec 31 2010 10:53:16 GMT-0800 (PST)  Paul Gress wrote:

On 12/31/10 07:50 AM, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:

(snip)

As I've stated previously, what version?  I have installed OOo dev 3.4
(m95) and 3.3 OOo rc8 (m18) and I can't save as a "docx".

Paul

They are using the Go-oo version so that explains it.  Plain old OOo does
not have the docx save as docx ability.  If one reads the links in the
original post they will find out why.  Hint: Novell is in bed with M$.

Does this mean that Go-oo is driven by Novell? The contact on
go-oo.org/about has a novell.com email address.

Yep.  Go back to the first message in this thread and follow the links.
  Very eye opening.

Andy

You're right, some interesting reading there and on the links.

The Go-oo homepage also says "Going forward, the Go-oo project will be
discontinued in favor of LibreOffice." Does that mean that LibreOffice
is driven by Novell too?

I wouldn't put in that simple words. Actually, LibreOffice is open to any developer, individual or company that whishes to contribute to our code and endeavour. On the TDF announcement we invited Oracle to join us and suggested them to offer the brand OpenOffice to TDF (later this was politely declined by Oracle).

LibreOffice has many contributions of Novell engineers, as well as Oracle engineers too. But is is not an Novell product nor TDF is a Novell shop. The Next Decade Manifesto says a lot on our purpose and TDF is better described in this page:
http://www.documentfoundation.org/

Please help us not to make the same mistake as OpenOffice.org did.

Kind regards
--
Olivier Hallot
Founder, Steering Commitee Member - The Document Foundation