On 2011-01-01 12:07 PM, Zaphod Feeblejocks wrote:
A few points to remember though:
We are in a long-term goal to replace MS Office as the package
of-choice. As part of the wider open-source fraternity, we are in
long-term campaign to remove Microsoft's influence and bring back
proper choice to the user.

<snip>

So why is there so much duplication of effort in the campaign
against MS?

I strongly disagree with your assertion that we are or should be
engaging in any kind of 'campaign against Microsoft', or even that our
long term goal is or should be to 'replace Microsoft Office as the
package of choice...'

What I think we are or should be striving for is to simply be the best
Office/Productivity software available, whether free or commercial.

We do and should NOT have to put Microsoft Office Down in order to raise
ourselves up. If we cannot stand on our own to feet based solely on our
own merits, then we deserve to fall flat on our faces.

Obviously, I already believe that this is already where we are, or I
wouldn't be here.

--

Best regards,

Charles