Hi Johannes, *

just one remark about your last paragraph:

Johannes A. Bodwing schrieb:
[...] Who from TDF/LO has the overview of the
most effiency schedule for major steps of the TDF/LO-project?

I don't think that such a task can be done by one single person - it has been done as a common task by different teams.

Development team knows (more or less) about the skills of the developers working on the LibO source.

But as they are volunteers, their areas of interest have to been taken into account: Nobody can be forced by anybody else to work on a specific task. They can be convinced of course (by defining common goals - or paying an adequate amount of money...).

Marketing works on public relations and will be the main area for defining our community goals and target groups - based on the "Next Decade Manifesto" [http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Next_Decade_Manifesto].

Many other teams will have to be taken into account, so there will have to be a group of active community members from all of these teams, sharing their knowledge based on the expertize in their teams with each other and the community.

At the moment such a group is the Steering Committee, after the first voting the Board of Directors (BoD) IMHO.

When discussion in the different teams led to conclusions, they should be finalized on the steering-discuss list, where all the community members interested in this topic - and I hope it is important to every community member - can follow the discussion.

Is there someone who says what has to come next to build the project in
its best way with the personal it has at the moment?

For tasks not to be covered inside the dedicated teams this should be the SC - led by the experts from the different areas.

And could it be helpful to have such a schedule on the webiste of TDF
and all national groups, with a rough timetable and permanently refreshed?

Of course!

Such a schedule should be created by every team, there are already some "Work-item" pages on the wiki - from the marketing team for example: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Work_Items

It might be very helpful for the progress we want to do as a whole, if there would be some community members collecting the tasks and their planned timeframes from the different schedules to a central document.

The TDF work-item wiki page http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Work_Items already provides something similar.

I just don't know, if it might be possible to keep such a document readable and up-to-date for more than a few months...

Best regards

Bernhard