On 12/20/2010 6:13 AM, Michael Wheatland wrote:
On 20/12/2010 7:03 PM, "Samuel Mehrbrodt"<s.mehrbrodt@googlemail.com>
wrote:
I think it's good to change the names of the Applications so that they
describe what each application does. LibreOffice is the brand which
will be known and names of the applications should help to find the
application you want to use. I would also suggest to translate the
names of the applications like Google Docs does.
So we could have:
Text
Table
Presentation
Drawing
Formula
I like the idea but you have used a mix of nouns and adjectives. I also
think that calc does far more than 'tables', spreadsheet would be more
descriptive if you wanted to use nouns.

All of these can be nouns, though it would more often be Document than Text (but all of the ODF objects are referred to as documents, so that won't work here). But I agree that Spreadsheet would be a better choice. With the original set here, people trying to create a spreadsheet would most likely try Formula. We also need Base or Database.