What is critical and impossible?

The associations are with a executable file in a specific path.
No problem for two files with same name in different paths.
No problem to change the association to an executable file with the same
name in a different path.

Libo 3.3rc1 and OOo 3.3rc8 on same disk, also OOo 3.2.1 in a portable
mode (3.2.1 over 3.2.0 portable)