Kevin i stumbled upon this totally by accident

this is the OOo menu upon start up. it works perfectly with my dark colored theme i have.

http://imagebin.ca/view/jXXsCVUY.html

could what OOo has be a temporary place holder till we can get something sorted out? This fix doesn't have to make it into 3.3 but i till think this is something that should get fixed before it falls by the way side and gets forgotten.

here is the LO menu with my dark theme.

http://imagebin.ca/view/Zj-k0jb.html

if there is an easy hack to fixing this just let me know i'm willing to contribute to the project.