On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 1:10 AM, James Wilde <wilde.james@gmail.com> wrote:
Will these automatically post the question on the nabble forum and thus on the mailing list?  And
will the answers come back from the nabble forum and the mailing list, or are these separate
support sites?
If not yes to both questions, I would agree with Friedrich that there's a danger of being divided
and conquered with these support accounts on the social networks.

The Drupal system is able to directly communicate with Twitter,
Facebook and some other social networks currently. So the aim is 'yes'
we will have this type of integration.

To add a little meat to your question:
We are looking to improve the system while maintaining legacy support
for the old protocols.

Nabble is an add-on to the mailing list archive as a graphical overlay
of the mailing list system. The current plan is to build a forum as
the central platform off which will hang in/out protocols for mailing
lists, news servers, XML (RSS or atom), social networks and any other
protocol which people throw our way. This way if someone asks a
question on facebook, it could be answered by someone on a mailing
list and redelivered to facebook as a reply while the accessable
archive remains on the Drupal site (forum or other tool set). In this
respect Nabble and the mailing list archives will become redundant and
the contents of which will be relocated in the Drupal system.

This is a pretty high goal, but I along with the Drupal website
development team believes it is achievable within the allotted time.
Thanks,
Michael Wheatland