On 11/20/2010 7:39 PM, drew wrote:
On Sat, 2010-11-20 at 16:55 -0500, Lyle Cochran wrote:
> From a promotional perspective, I'd use terminology like "Migrating
from
Microsoft Office". This provides implicit reinforcement that
migrating to
LibO from MSO is such a common occurrence that we need a special
section in
our FAQ for it, and fits into the narrative of our inevitable
project
growth.

-Ben

Benjamin Horst

+1
Perhaps "For Microsoft Users" item in Help drop down menu.

+1

I would offer another idea also (as addition to and separate from, I
believe) this user extensible FAQ, ODF support for MSO users.

- there is a lot of effort in helping LibO users that need to exchange
documents with MSO users. What to do with a .doc(x) you receive and how
to generate .doc(x) [et al 'x' formats].

What I really think would be worth doing is a special page for MSO users
that are confronted with interacting with LbreOffice users.

So -
You received a .odt, How do you work with that in MSO.
You are a MSO user and need to generate a document for a Danish agency
and need ODF compliance - What are your options.

If we did that right it would be a huge promotional, there are people
that will be needing to do this, now and more as time goes on - offer a
respectful and helpful service for these folks, so they can do their job
efficiently and I am quite certain it would nurture a large number of
individuals more open to looking at LibreOffice in particular and I
believe, FOSS in general for their personal and perhaps business use.

-- anyway, just something I've mulled over from time to time and my
contribution to the crazy idea list perhaps :-)

Drew

I like this. And it could be linked from a general Support page that provides a "first stop" for finding out how to get help.