On 11/17/2010 01:36 AM, e-letter wrote:
Related to an earlier post
(http://www.mail-archive.com/discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg02677.html),
the following news article hyperlink
(http://blogs.wsj.com/tech-europe/2010/11/12/ghanaian-sms-start-up-tackles-fake-drug-scourge/)
is an interesting application of mobile phone technology and provides
further credence to the importance of the future potential mobile
devices market.

Well, for what it is worth (which isn't much) I believe that we definitely need to get into the mobile market(even a mobile compatible web app would work, though a native client would be preferred).

The first step, IMHO, would be to get a platform agnostic mobile interface designed and any platform independent code written. After that we could focus on getting it to work on Android, Iphone, etc. However, we'd have to look deep into the whole (L)GPL/Apple liscense compatibility issue before we started an iphone port.(May be that the alternative Mozilla Liscense that I believe we are using might be compatible?).

Of course, first priority is to get a stable desktop version out the door :P. I also think a general web application should have high priority as well. Unfortunately, I doubt we have the resources to expand in all directions at once. I'll leave the details for the more experienced people to decide :P.

Chris Carpenter

P.S. I'd be very interested in helping in some small manner if we decide to write a app for Android, as i'm interested in Android App Development. Unfortuantely, I have no experience writing mobile applications, so there's no way I could lead such a venture.