Marc Paré wrote:

And the LibO project, as a community project, is not itself dependent on
any funding support from anyone in particular. The community project
should be able to stand on its own with membership involvement. Examples
like the small contributions see on the website thread where some
members have offered server space to mount website test-beds for some
website webmasters etc.

The community should be able to fund its servers and all hardware needed
for its existence from its membership donations. Otherwise, it could not
be called a community project.

Please, don't get me wrong, but can I say that I'm just puzzled and a bit scared too from yours and Thorsten's statements?

I'm starting to understand that many people in the original "TDF founders" group have a very specific vision about the Foundation that is based on a classic open source /diffused/ system rather than a /centralized/ "The Foundation will show you the right path" one.

The former method worked in the past, that's sure.

However, in such a vision of the project, a Foundation is rather useless.

Revenue streams should be Community based.

Decisions should be taken from important Community contributors.

There is really no need for a Foundation.

What if who provides the revenue streams or has made hugely important contributions makes decisions that goes against the Foundation interests and purposes?

I'm really trying to understand this "Community approach", but I'm just puzzled and scared, as I wrote above.
--
Gianluca Turconi