Howdy Todd

There are a bunch of features that I think would be helpful.  The ones
I can think of right now:

* As Marc pointed out, it has the "guided posting" system.  This walks
you through making a new post, to make sure the post ends up in the
proper place and has the necessary information.

* It also has the brainstorm forum, which is an integrated system for
proposing, voting on, discussing, and tracking feature requests.

* It has a keyword tagging system for posts that helps you find what
you are looking for.

* There is a "Solved" button on each post.  The person that solved the
problem clicks the button on the post that had the solution in it,
letting others uses with the same problem jump straight to the
solution right from the topic list or search results (they just click
a checkbox icon).  It also lets people trying to help know that the
thread doesn't need them.

* It has a button on the topic list and search results that lets you
jump straight to the first unread post in a thread.

* It automatically aggregates news from the official KDE news sources,
the KDE website and KDE Dot News, with the ability to comment on them.
 There is also a specific forum just for new releases.

* It has integrated icons for common operating systems (including
Linux distributions) to make it easy to tell at a glance what sort of
system the person you are trying to help has.

* The theme is designed to match the theme used by the rest of the KDE
websites (all official KDE websites use a common theme, including the
forums).

* It has flags for countries below each username and language-specific forums.

The forum you referred me to may have some of these, but I did not see
them when I looked.

-Todd

Excellent - to keep from losing it I added this in toto to the discuss
page on the wiki
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User_talk:Drew/oo-forums

//drew