Le 2010-10-24 22:09, Roman Gelbort a écrit :
El 24/10/10 12:40, Marc Paré escribió:
Another example: do you know anyone that use the "send by email"
button? Most possible receivers nowadays still use msoffice so using
that button have the only effect that new users come to forums asking
why the people to whom they sent the file is not able to open it. I
think it is better to completely hide that button.

I don't think this would be a good idea. I actually use it
extensively, I know of at least dozens of my clients, professionals
and amateurs, who use it. Strategically, this would also be the wrong
this to do as we are trying to encourage the use of the OASIS opendoc
formats. Why would we then sheepishly hide the button that we
advocate? There is also a "Send .doc " button that people may use. I
usually tell people to use the send .doc and inform the recipients
that there is an opendoc format that will prevent their files from
ever being incompatible from MSO. I also encourage them to tell
everyone else. We can then all advocate the opendoc formats.

I would not change this. This is changing the roots of the existence
of the LibO. We can do better than this and not give up. Let's all
advocate, we are 300 million users, aren't we?

I think that exist a mid point...

IMHO. If this button has a menu button (like paste button). This would
be the best solution. Could continue advocating the ODF format and make
a better functionality for many users.

Thanks for the answers.

I am always leery of choices that have to deal with the opendocument formats. We advocate using the formats as a philosophical and practical rule for our distro. We should be careful to remove anything in the Save; Save as, import; export etc... or any other functions which may diminish our 1st choice of format which is the OASIS opendocument format.

We are still, after all, with 300 million downloads (and most likely more if you count any other opendocument format-centre suite), a big influential group and we should be able to trumpet the opendocument to everyone. We should be able to market it as a definite solid format for everyone and a format that has a clear advantage over the MS formats, in that the OASIS opendocument formats will always be readable and not obsolescent unlike the MS formats.

Marc