Am 13.10.2010 18:32, schrieb Peter Tholstrup:

As I'm brand new here (merit-score = zero :), I apologize if the
following is either misunderstood or not relevant:

The way I see it, formally approved documents are static, and once
approved should not be edited by anybody - Steering Committee members or
not.

Correct.

Therefore I do not think it is appropriate from a governance
perspective to have direct and potentially ambiguous 'copies' of formal
documents as wiki pages. Could it be worth considering that significant
formal documents like the manifesto would have their own wiki pages with
a backround/brief description, maybe even extracts, and then a link to
the 'real' document in a non-editable format (pdf or whatever will make
it most easily accessible)?

This is what actually happened - we have the manifesto as pdf at our website. In fact formal approved documents should go to the tdf website, not to the wiki.
For today it was just easier for me to access the wiki.

 Another wiki page could then be a Steering
Committee 'log' page, which gives a quick overview of the continuous
work of the committee with links to more in-depth wiki pages as well as
formal documents...

Absolutely agree (but formal documents should not stay forever at the wiki and rather be moved to the website).

This was just the first start. We need to have minutes, some backround info on SC ... at the wiki.

regards,

André