 On 08/10/10 17:29, todd rme wrote:
On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Olav Dahlum <odahlum@gmail.com> wrote:
 Hi.

I know a lot of you is emotionally attached to older icon themes as
Tango, but isn't it about time we made some refreshing changes in the
default theme? Like proposing a new theme altogether. But also taking
into consideration that we'll need accessible ones conforming to
accessibility standards. Keeping the classical ones possibly as
extensions is also an idea. I'm no graphical wizard, so I'll just
propose talented people to think this over, or the rest of us spreading
the word. Fresh start and fresh look, with the classical interface
intact, isn't such a bad idea is it?

Regards,

Olav Dahlum
This may be a silly question, by why do you need an icon theme at all?
 Wouldn't you normally want to use the native icon theme if at all
possible?  Or are there platforms that do not provide native themes?

-Todd

I might have misread your question a bit earlier. As you have seen down
in the thread, the answer is both yes and no.