On 08/10/2010 18:09, jonathon wrote:
On 10/08/2010 02:37 PM, Charles Marcus wrote:

Copyright © 2000, 2010
Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Don't think it's  correct, is it?

Its the very first beta being offered, it was inevitable some things wo
uld be missed...

Unless - maybe legally the copyrights have to stay (hope not)?

Technically, it needs to read

<<  Copyright © 1999 StarOffice GmHz;
Copyright © 2000 Sun INC,
Copyright © 2001 Sun INC,
Copyright © 2002 Sun INC,
Copyright © 2003 Sun INC,
Copyright © 2004 Sun INC,
Copyright © 2005 Sun INC,
Copyright © 2006 Sun INC,
Copyright © 2007 Sun INC,
Copyright © 2008 Sun INC,
Copyright © 2009 Sun INC,
Copyright © 2010 Oracle INC, Document Foundation, Novell Inc, and other

affiliates.>>

Only when one is 100% guaranteed that no code from a specific copyright
holder is included, can the specific copyright holder be dropped from
the list. (Looking at the source code, I can't tell what pre-dates 2000.)

Note # 1: I've gotten the name of the German company wrong.  That needs
to be replaced with the correct name;

It was Star Division, if I remember correctly.

Peter HB
[cut]