 On 10/1/2010 4:20 PM, Bernhard Dippold wrote:
Hi all,

we'll have to wait some more days until the structure of our community here will be able to handle the amount of topics and ideas in a more appropriate way with new mailing lists, a wiki and other means to divide different interests on several groups.

Until then I propose to add some tags to the subject of your mails in order to identify them more easily (and to filter them in your mail client).

Hi Bernhard:

I have been thinking about how I could help the effort, and have come up with the only way I might be valuable:

My skill set: I am a writer of fiction, nonfiction and technical stuff. I publish a small six-page newsletter for my subdivision here in East Texas, USA. I am very computer literate (as a technician, I build, repair, troubleshoot problems, and anything else needed computer wise for my senior citizen clients) and am involved in beta testing for Microsoft.

My flaws, as it were: I am your typical non-intuitive idiot; if it's supposed to be intuitive, I need instructions. I speak only US English, and nothing else.

How I think I may be of help: I am a very good proofreader and beta tester. I can take a set of instructions and try them out. If I can muddle through, then the instructions are most likely well written. I can spot grammatical and spelling errors with ease, and cannot rest until they're fixed. If I suggest a change, and the author disagrees, I can live with that too.

So, if anyone writing English documentation thinks I can add value to their work, I will be happy to volunteer my efforts.

Nancy Ward
Windows 8 BetaFerret