Hi Marco!  Thanks for contributing.

On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 10:52 AM Marco Marinello <lists@marcomarinello.it>
wrote:

regarding, as per subject of the thread, counterproposal(s) to the
"actization" of LibreOffice Online, were barely discussed.

My apologies for the delay Marco, I had meant to comment on your proposal
but got distracted!

I also think, and I hope those that have written here will agree, is
clear that we need fixed and strong rules for projects hosted at TDF.

I suggest being very cautious with making "strong rules" in a volunteer
community. While superficially they seem good at the time, our experience
at TDF has been that strong rules made under challenging condition turn out
to be problematic when conditions have changed, and can then be used
disruptively. The more rules there are, the more games can be played with
them.

I especially liked something in your first idea:

TDF should publicly endorse
this choice, stating that the project is now hosted on Github and the
development is managed by a company of the ecosystem but is – at the end
of the day – always LibreOffice Online

I think this is the seed of a great approach which we could pursue in the
context of the ingredient brand we have been evolving. It would need to be
designed to apply to any relevant project, not just LOOL. We are more
likely to see TDF's mission advanced by encouraging and supporting fellow
community members who try to innovate than by discussing what others should
do and then looking for those others!

Cheers,

Simon