[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tdf-announce] TDF announces the second bug hunting session to put first release candidate of LibreOffice 3.5 on the test bench
- Subject: [tdf-announce] TDF announces the second bug hunting session to put first release candidate of LibreOffice 3.5 on the test bench
- From: Italo Vignoli <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 12:48:02 +0100
- To: TDF Announce <email@example.com>
The Internet, January 17, 2012 - Following the success of the first
session, The Document Foundation (TDF) announces the second LibreOffice
3.5 bug hunting session, to be held in a virtual environment on January
21 and 22, 2012. This session will put the first Release Candidate of
LibreOffice 3.5.0 on the test bench.
During the first session, organized in late December 2011, over 150
volunteer bug hunters have been able to file over 70 bugs, led by the
"hero" Gustavo Pacheco, who has filed 10.
LibreOffice 3.5 will be announced in early February 2012. Thanks to a
very large number of improvements and new functions, and to the
background work of the developer's community, it will be "the best free
office suite ever", ahead of any other competing product.
Participating is easy, and fun. Details are available on the wiki of The
where is also possible to find a comprehensive list of LibreOffice 3.5
new and improved features
All you need is a PC with Windows, MacOS X or Linux, and a LibreOffice
3.5 test version (which can be downloaded from
http://www.libreoffice.org/pre-releases), plus a lot of enthusiasm.
Filing bugs will be extremely easy, thanks to the help of several
experienced people who will be around to help users and supporters with
tips, on the QA mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org) and on
the IRC channel (irc://chat.freenode.net/libreoffice).
At the end of the two days, The Document Foundation will award the title
of Bug Hunting Hero to the individual who has been able to spot, report
and file the most bugs (http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport).
Short link to blog post: http://wp.me/p1byPE-dK
Italo Vignoli - The Document Foundation
mob +39.348.5653829 - VoIP email@example.com
skype italovignoli - gtalk firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/announce/
- Prev by Date: [tdf-announce] The Document Foundation announces LibreOffice 3.4.5
- Next by Date: [tdf-announce] LibreOffice DevRoom at FOSDEM 2012 in Brussels
- Previous by thread: [tdf-announce] The Document Foundation announces LibreOffice 3.4.5
- Next by thread: [tdf-announce] LibreOffice DevRoom at FOSDEM 2012 in Brussels