On Sat, 2 Apr 2011 13:21:45 +0200
"Dr. Peter Pöml" <poeml@documentfoundation.org> wrote:

Hi Peter,

Of course. Sorry about the stupid header!

Never mind :-)

In the last 3 weeks these clients hit my mirror with the following
numbers:

203813 hits resulting in 74.05 GB Traffic.

Hm, I'd think that this is not too bad, but of course that is subjective. Generating logs and
adding some overhead. At least the logs will compress well ;)

You're right, i didn't really care about the load or
anything. I would have never noticed it if there weren't the big
log files. I Just thought that the traffic could be spend better in the
future, thats why i mentioned it. Im not in hardware trouble or
anything because of that :-)

I assume other mirrors would be affected in the same way, but might not have noticed.

Definitely.

This might be the first deployment of web seeds in this order of magnitude. So it might be a new
situation for both mirrors as well as Torrent client developers.

Im pretty certain.

Of course that should be possible but there are different clients as
mentioned above and i also don't support torrent at all. I looked into
that and it seems that torrent is not intended to be a daemon on linux
systems and therefore isn't very well supported at all.

Okay. I have to say, at the moment, we don't have a way to disable single mirrors from being
listed in web seeds, so I can't disable this right now for you. I can look into it later.

Ok, i can really live with it. Just want to say something so that
someday it can be taken care of.

Thanks for your feedback!

Thanks for the reply and the consideration of a software change just
because a lonely guy said so ;-)

--

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / yours sincerely

Sebastian Urbach