[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tdf-discuss] Why a school not migrate to libreoffice
- Subject: [tdf-discuss] Why a school not migrate to libreoffice
- From: Jérôme Bardot <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 23:10:57 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
A friend of mine which is a system administrator on a french school
(something close to a university) tell me a story.
In country not so far away a school named ensma
(https://www.ensma.fr/en/) decide to migrate to libreoffice.
The setup is done. The software is deploy. And it start to fuck up and
5 days after office from Microsoft come back.
Why this is the question and the answer is not far 42.
The fact is they do research and like every research there is math and
math need 2 things number (int, float, etc) and formula.
And when they migrate all already used formula were broken. And if i
understand well some of results become false.
This story happened several years ago i don’t know what is the state
of formula in calc today.
The fact is the school use Nextcloud for document sharing i m pretty
sure they will use collabora or libbreoffice online if this «problem»
I hope it can help.
I don’t know if it’s the right mailing list, and i sorry for my french
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
|Re: [tdf-discuss] Why a school not migrate to libreoffice||Michael Meeks <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] outdated LibreOffice Portable (MS Windows)
- Next by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] Why a school not migrate to libreoffice
- Previous by thread: [tdf-discuss] outdated LibreOffice Portable (MS Windows)
- Next by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] Why a school not migrate to libreoffice