Hi Alex,

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Von: Alexander Thurgood <alex.thurgood@gmail.com>

First, congratulations on the creation of this new Foundation, here's
hoping it takes off :-)

Thanks, we all hope so :)

I have a few questions though, that don't yet appear to have an answer
in your FAQ :

1) The localisations all contain references to OpenOffice.org - am I to
understand that they can not be made available in their current form
until the question of the use of the trademark OpenOffice.org has been
settled or the references replaced by "LibreOffice" ?

We use the same mechanism that is in place for years to build "flavours"
of OpenOffice.org. This worked for the last years and should be ok
now. If necessary, we will go and remove references to OpenOffice.org
(but we still hope, that Oracle joins us and we can use the brand that
we all have working for the last 10 years).

2) Some of the localisations were made almost wholly (albeit with help
of community volunteers) and managed by Sun (now Oracle) - am I to
understand that these localisations will have to be redone completely by
the new Foudation ?

No - localisations are under LGPL, so there is no need to redo all the
l10n work. There might be some need for slight changes, as Jesus
already mentioned.

3) These questions apply mutatis mutandis to the user documentation, but
especially so to the in-built documentation that comes with the product.

Built-in documentation is also covered by LGPL, large parts of the docs
available online is under other free licenses, so there should be no
problem in general.

But: we do not urgently want to break with Oracle and for sure
we do not want to break with the existing OOo community (being Oracle a
part of it). What we want is to evolve as one community with all the
contributing members at the same level (hopefully including Oracle).

regards,

André
--
GRATIS: Spider-Man 1-3 sowie 300 weitere Videos!
Jetzt freischalten! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/maxdome