[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tdf-discuss] real color names - but to weird to be named in a color palette for LO
- Subject: [tdf-discuss] real color names - but to weird to be named in a color palette for LO
- From: Tim-L--Elmira-NY <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 21:56:59 -0400
- To: LibreO - Discuss <firstname.lastname@example.org>, LibreO - Users Global <email@example.com>
I was looking at some old PDF pages I printed up from web pages about color palettes and designing web pages. Went back to a site I had not looked at for nearly a year.
I noticed one color list - nearly 1000 they say, and some eye popping and/or weird names listed.
The site gave this quote "These hex values are non official approximate values intended to simulate the colors in HTML". With some of the names I saw, you better be vague.
Here are a few of the weird color names.
Right after babyblue, babygreen, and babypink, are the first few like;
ab9004 - "babypoo"
937c00 - "babypoop"
8f9805 - "babypoopgreen"
b6c406 - "babypukegreen"
then things like "barfgreen", "bluewithahintofpurple",
[skipping over a lot of dark, light, dirty, deep, dusky, and on, and on]
then in the beginning of the 23rd page of 23 is
a2a415 - "vomit"
89a203 - "vomitgreen"
c7c10c - "vomityellow"
I really do not want to make a color palette file with such names as these listed in the file itself.
Then there is one list that have the following [each line a different Hex code];
Coast Guard Deck Red
DoT Highway Red
OSHA Safety Red, DoT Red
OSHA Safety Red
OSHA Safety Red
Post Office Red
Coast Guard Buoy Red
Coast Guard Red #40
and goes on like that for almost 20 pages.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [tdf-discuss] real color names - but to weird to be named in a color palette for LO||jonathon <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [tdf-discuss] Templates & Extensions
- Next by Date: Re: [tdf-discuss] real color names - but to weird to be named in a color palette for LO
- Previous by thread: [tdf-discuss] Templates & Extensions
- Next by thread: Re: [tdf-discuss] real color names - but to weird to be named in a color palette for LO