Hi all,

I have two ideas to consider.

1. Have you thought about creating a plugin for realtime collaboration
without running in a browser? I'd love to be able to hand out
LibreOffice invites to other people to work on shared documents, or
even connecting to a Google server, but continuing to do all my work
inside my beloved LibreOffice. I see LibreOffice allows you to connect
to Google docs, but I don't think it enables real-time collaboration
or the chatbox.

If you don't store documents and instead just help people connect to
each other, it becomes a cheap service to enable. I don't even want to
store my docs on a server, I just want to be able to work with people
on it without emailing files or diffs back and forth. You need a way
to connect through firewalls, etc. which is a bit of a pain, but there
are libraries for that ;-) It seems like there are some elements of
LibreOffice online that could be used, but I'm not sure what.

2. Have you heard of the CMU Link Grammar checker? It is codebase I
discovered recently that AbiWord is also using that seems to be a
sophisticated parser and checker:
https://github.com/opencog/link-grammar

The algorithms run in O(n^3) for each sentence, so you might want to
cut it off in tables, etc. but it could be useful. It's not a big
library, and it has Python bindings so it can be prototyped quickly.
Maybe it could be an easy hack to tweak the LightProof grammar checker
to use this alternate engine. Should I file a bug about that? I might
go for it some evening if no one else is interested ;-)

Regards,

-Keith