On 08/26/2017 08:38 PM, jonathon wrote:
On 08/26/2017 05:22 PM, Tim-L--Elmira-NY wrote:

Yes, colors names like "moon glow blue" or "blushing love pink" are just
Those are either lipstick or nail polish colours.

Well, they could be that.
1 - Here is a very readable edited page for the weird colors.
libreoffice-na.us/Weird-Color-Names.pdf
I prefer colours like Incardnadine.
Had to look that one up.
Flesh-Colored.

Well the French and Italians do have some interesting decorative names and ideas, even if it was from the 16th century. But the updated verb for it seems to be "to make the color of flesh" or "to redden".

Then there is the color palettes that have OSHA, Dept. of Transit,
Military, etc., specific color lists.  They may be useful for users.
I've got the colour palettes. What I don't have, is the ability to
successfully wrap them into an extension that places them where they belong.

jonathon
I have not tried to make an extension yet, but first the question would be do you need a different one for every OS and distro type? That would be something to have the extension do be able to know which OS and where it needs to go in these different systems.

I still have not had more than a minute or few to figure out what is in the coding here:

"https://design.blog.documentfoundation.org/2016/12/30/new-color-palettes-in-libreoffice/";

I may need to change the top config lines of the palettes to reflect the "description" in this code.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <description
        xmlns="http://openoffice.org/extensions/description/2006";
        xmlns:d="http://openoffice.org/extensions/description/2006";
xmlns:lo="http://libreoffice.org/extensions/description/2011";
        xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";>

I do not remember all of the reading I did years ago about making dictionaries and extensions.

Maybe after Labor Day [Sept. 4th], I can do some more research on these topics. I am preparing for a "movie night" project on Thursday evening, since I am providing the movie [Hatari - John Wayne], the video projector [up to 200+ inch screen and more], and the 7+ foot wide tripod screen. After that, all I have to do with that project is decide what the next movie is and when. So I hope to have some time to do other things.