On 10/24/2016 10:02 PM, jonathon wrote:
On 24/10/2016 08:22, Christian Lohmaier wrote:

Avidemux2 likely is easiest to use for newcomers..
I'd second Avidemux2.

Do note that with video editing you need _lots_ of free disk space on
the drive, along with a large swap partition.

jonathon

I have only 20GB on this 250GB Linux partition. My swap is 4.1GB according to "Disks" package in the Applications>Accessories menu in Ubuntu 16.04LTS [64 bit]. So would this be enough?

I may be able to move 50+ GB from this partition to the Windows partition that has over 100 GB free. This would be a temporary move though, since for some reason I no longer able to mount the Windows partition since I upgraded to 16.04. Much of the files to be moved will be needed several times a month.

Maybe I can figure out how to take half of the free space in the Windows partition and make it either a new partition or add it to the Linux's default "Home" partition. On my other laptop, due to an error installing Win10 and switching from Linux Mint to Ubuntu, I now have a NTSF partition for shared data. That laptop has only about 120 GB drive [not a SATA drive], while on this laptop I have 500 GB drive installed. This laptop is much faster and has more Ram, even though both are dual core, than the older one.