In addition, everything thru Windows 10 currently supports ActiveX, and of
all the various versions of Windows still seen in the wild, Windows 8, 8.1,
and 10 account for only 23% of all OSes, and 26% of Windows OSes.  Windows
7 accounts for 56%, and Windows XP comes in at #2 accounting for 11%.

http://netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0

Windows OSes that support these features are not going away anytime soon.
Microsoft may even remove them from future releases, but there will be
users who will not so easily let go of their former feature sets.  There
are too many powerful features in 32-bit Windows and 64-bit Windows to let
them all go.  Microsoft and the rest of the business world may want to move
us all to browser-based operating systems, but there is no real computing
power there.  It changes the user base from owners to renters, and there
are many who will not stand for that, and it will be those people who
continue to use LibreOffice, for example, as they are looking for real
ownership of their machine, and not just being a renter.

Allodial Title -- it makes all the difference. :-)

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin