       From a user's point of view as well as one who helps whenever
possible, I'm drawn to respond to this,
           (see comments below in [ ] )

From: Timofonic <timofonic@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Subject: [tdf-discuss] Re: RfD: Non-corporate user representation?
To: "discuss@documentfoundation.org" <discuss@documentfoundation.org>

Hello.

I think we (users) sometimes fail to connect with developers' mindset.

   [use proper grammar, & continue to ask - re-phrasing - until the one who
you wish to respond understands the problem(s)]

Due to our lack of technical knowledge and often a lack of discipline, our
feedback isn't enough interesting for them and we sometimes feel quite
ignored. In the end, we the users try (emphasis here, we know what we want
but how how we want it and commonly fail to explain it properly) to explain
our needs and what we think it should be improved from a different POV.

   [lack of discipline ??? ... just what are you attempting to say in this
paragraph?]

I tried to explain my education-related issues and needs, such as inserting
formulas in a Libreoffice Writer document (I find it needs to support
boolean stuff like xor symbols and some other improvements). I know there's
limited resources, but I think maybe corporate needs are becoming too heavy
and other areas like education are underrated. What about a lot more
non-profit organizations becoming part of BoD?

   [1 - the writer document is just that; I think what you're seeking may
be the spreadsheat or calculator portion of LO;
    2 - LO is not a corporation; what are attempting to ask/say?;
    3 - what is BoD?]

I also had some weird "bugs" (or unintended software behavior) when writing
large texts, but I often forget to note them (and unable to explain a way
to reproduce it) because I'm in a hurry and was lazy too.

   [are you saying you've asked for help yet were unable to explain the
problem then became upset because no one was able to help you solve this
unknown problem? - well, as for me - and I'm sure others on this list - if
I see a post to which I know naught, I merely skip it.]

Maybe different specific associations should be part of BoD and user
feedback be taken more seriously in a less marketeer way but more
scientific and social.

   [huh ???]

Regards.

El 19 de diciembre de 2014 14:38:15 CET, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com>