On 05.03.2013 18:29, Michael Meeks wrote:
Hi guys,

On Tue, 2013-03-05 at 09:19 -0800, Fred Ollinger wrote:
I was wondering if libreoffice and aooo can't agree to
some basic level api for 3rd party developers?
        It's an interesting discussion; but in the absence of any concrete
code, patches etc. it doesn't belong on the libreoffice developer list;

Talking about a concrete change is a good idea so please let me ask a
question similar to one I asked at FOSDEM but to which I got no clear
answer.  Probably because of my bad English that is even worse when I
speak it.

Stephan Bergman talked about "Well-typed UNO", something that would
involve incompatible changes to the UNO API.  I would like to know if
LibreOffice and Apache OpenOffice could work together on this.  I am
just talking about changes on API level not the underlying
implementation.  That would be something that both projects would do
independently.

I am asking this because I think that the users of both LO and AOO
would benefit from APIs that are as similar as possible.  I am aware
that there are other incompatible changes in both projects but every
part of the API that remains compatible between LO and AOO means that an
extension developer does not have to care about it when developing an
extension for both projects.

please drop that one from the CC.

As my question is directed at (to?) the LibreOffice developers, I hope that you don't mind that I have put the LO list back on CC.

Thanks,
    Andre

        Thanks,

                Michael.