On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 1:46 AM, Fernand Vanrie <sos@pmgroup.be> wrote:
On 4/03/2013 8:27, M. Fioretti wrote:

On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 08:16:25 AM +0100, Fernand Vanrie wrote:

99% percent , changes comes and will come from incompatiliteis in de API.
for now this is OK, small changes from version to version, but
nothing who not can been repaired or handled with the code( basic)
itself

I knew that. The sense of my question is, is there is a list of things
to avoid beforehand, rather than wait that they break and fix the
code?

thats more a question for the developers list .
LibreOffice@lists.freedesktop.org  and fore the aOO counterpart
ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org

Thanks,
Marco

The reason why nobody responded is no one knows, and it will generally
get worse over time as the codebases diverge. It is sort of like the
Java: "write once, test everywhere" situation.

One of the unintended consequences of the fork is the various ways it
makes things more difficult for third-parties. Users will generally
pick one product, but extension developers have a more complicated set
of choices because they may want to support multiple brands. Here is
an article I recently wrote about the power of brands that may be
helpful: http://keithcu.com/wordpress/?p=3163

The good news is that in the free software world, code flows with less
friction. Any typical (non-enterprise) who really wants an extension
will likely be able to install a specific version of the product if it
is required. It is just a download.

Good luck!

Regards,

-Keith