Hi Volker, *,

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 11:53 AM, Volker Merschmann
<merschmann@gmail.com> wrote:
2012/8/14 Marc Paré <marc@marcpare.com>:
Le 2012-08-13 15:47, Johnny Rosenberg a écrit :

So I click ”Reply to all” (which requires a click more than just
replying),

In my version of gmail (in chromium browser), there is no difference
in number of clicks for reply and reply all.

Only if it is no the most recent one, but even then it is not a big
deal, as you can just use the reply button and then switch to reply
all in the message-composing-area. (don't have to open the
message-menu of the message you want to reply to.

then I delete everything in ”To:”, write my message and hit

Just don't do this!
The whole point in not messing with the reply-to header is that the
message goes to everyone in the message thread.

This is what the developers want!

They don't want to have to be subscribed (since they already receive
enough mail to deal with). They want to be able to send a request for
feedback to the list and receive the replies without the need to
subscribe first or to check mail-archives.

Also it won't help moderated user-requests if you remove them. If
people don't subscribe but send a request to the list, then the list
receives the answer, but not the person who asked.

Just leave all people in the loop.

It is much easier for people to delete duplicated messages (gmail
collapses them  anyway/you don't see duplicates at all) than having to
hunt for replies when they are not subscribed.

Does it not says "Reply to group" on the bottom of the message in GMail?

No, sadly not.

It does say "reply to all" for the last message in the conversation,
and also in the message-editing view (given that there are multiple
addresses in the message already)

So:
Don't use "reply only to list" please, use "reply to all"

ciao
Christian