Le 19/05/2012 10:10, Marc Paré a écrit :
Hi Patrick,

Le 2012-05-19 02:26, Patrick GERIN a écrit :
Le 16/05/2012 7:34, Marc Paré a écrit :
...snip...
Thanks, I should have mentioned that I was not really looking for the
MS format compatibility as this is an on-going process, even almost a
"cat and mouse" process for LibreOffice. I find that professors I
collaborate with are more forgiving of the ODF format and will accept
submissions in ODF from their students. The reason for this is that
some of these professors use LibreOffice at home and do conferences
with their laptop with both MSO and LibreOffice on their machines.
So, I am really looking for people on this list who are in academia
and have "extended" their LibreOffice for use in their work. What
extensions are they using, and, it would be nice to know why?
Cheers,
Marc

Dear Marc,
I am working in an university environment.
I'm successfully using LibreOffice without any add-on or extension.
However, my use of LibreOffice is quite limited in my profesionnal
environment, due to the following problems:

1. I have to work with files (texts, spreadsheets, presentations) that
have to be edited and exchanged with students and colleagues, who are
mostly M$ users (sorry to come back again to the same M$ story...)

2. We tried to select Calc as the reference spreadsheet for all data
treatment in my team, but absence of X-error bars is too limiting for
our specific use.

Do you (or anyone) know if this has been submitted to the devs as a bug or feature request?

I submitted it in the libreoffice@lists.freedesktop.org list on the 8th August 2011, but I was redirected to the discuss@documentfoundation.org list, where I submitted it on the 9th August 2011 as:
"[Calc] Feature Request - charts : error bars + broken axes"

This raised a discussion on the interest of adding features to LO, while fixing bugs would be the priority.

PG