Hi again Charles

Charles-H.Schulz wrote

What this thread says -and I took the time not to just look at
the thread but at the other areas of the project as well- is that
developers listen to user feedback. And that's probably a good thing to
do although some people might disagree (cf. Henry Ford); yet listening
to user feedback hardly makes up a democracy. It's user feedback. In
some cases it might be a case of "nice customer service". But it does
not help that much. I'll explain myself.

Let's see. The developer is asking the community who is using a given
feature (which he states would prefer to drop). Yet he subjects this to an
open poll (not even limited to the registered forum users) and he is willing
to accept the opinion of the majority. If that is not a democracy, it's damn
close!

How is that even similar to meritocracy? Meritocracy would be: I'm the
developer, I don't have time for this so I'm dropping it. If some one else
wants to keep developing it, just do it.

I'm not arguing that all those projects that you pointed do not follow the
same logic (I'm not saying this is a TDF / LO exclusive). I'm just showing
you that other FOSS projects can be (and some are!) democratic.

Regards,
Pedro