On Fri, 2012-02-03 at 16:54 +0100, Andreas Mantke wrote:
Hi Jesus,

Am Freitag, 3. Februar 2012, 14:08:58 schrieb Jesús Corrius:
On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 1:45 PM, Florian Effenberger

<floeff@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
(...)
I am open for discussion, of course, but I wonder that you seem to have a
different opinion now, since the BoD has voted on this during the last
call. ;-)

I am just open to discussions ;) But I was just talking to this
particular case, we need to define this for the future.

If this is talking about the future, I wonder, why you jump into this thread.

We had a public discussion and decision of the BoD already. If there are no unknown
facts or new arguments, we should not discuss and decide again (and again).

(...)
A possible solution would be:

1. Invite all the TDF members to vote by default.
2. If you are not a member of the TDF but you also want to vote, send
a message to someone (Florian maybe? :P) and you will be invited.

Point 2 would be a nice job ;-(
Maybe we will also hear some complaints, if someone missed to send a mail in time.

I think we should invite every contributor to apply for a membership status and then
he / she could vote for the venue of the conferences 2013 and later. It would be good
to increase our member base.

Howdy,

+1 to that last statement. I realize it can be a bit intimidating, I
know it was for me, there are some rather impressive individuals
represented in the ranks of the foundation. Nor will I lie to you and
say that every application is accepted - but I can tell you that
everyone I have seen involved in the process strives to give a fair
appraisal and in those cases where the answer is not at this moment
attempts to impart encouragement and help on how to change that outcome
- so I suppose I would like to say, don't sell yourself short,
everyone's contribution is valued.

Back to the subject at hand however.

First I agree with the current decision on the appropriateness of using
the membership roster for the vote - but I would also add, this is not
happening in a back room or private mailing list - so everyone has the
opportunity to have their views heard, but for that to happen you need
to voice them.

If you have a question for either of the teams or have an opinion on the
suitability of one site over the other, don't hesitate to share it here.

Just some thoughts I wanted to share.

Best wishes,

Drew