as you might have spotted, today we issued the proposals for this years' LibreOffice Conference. Berlin and Zaragoza (in alphabetical order) have sent in their applications and are therefore candidates for this years' location.

All details can be found at http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2012/01/28/libocon-2012-proposals/

I'd like to officially open the discussion here. Anyone interested can ask the organizers questions, and organizers are free to sent in additional details.

Hi all,

My first reaction reading both proposals is: wow! There are only two of them but they are both of very high quality so congrats to both teams! Wherever LibOCon goes for 2012, the other one will be a very worthy candidate for 2013.

At first glance, Berlin felt like a shoe-in: that's the home of The Document Foundation and I love Berlin. But then when reading the Zaragoza proposal, I started to change my mind: this is a very well thought out proposal and you can tell that they are used to organise events like this. So without further ado, here are my questions for the two teams:

Questions for Berlin:

 * When will you have final confirmation of the main venue?
 * Will you have agreements with nearby restaurants for lunch and/or
   dinner so that attendees can have a quick reasonably priced meal?
 * Will you have any catering on site (coffee, coffee and maybe coffee)?
 * Does the venue have enough power sockets to enable attendees to
   recharge between events (lots of laptops => lots of flat batteries)?
 * I like the Zaragoza idea of open public lectures: is it something
   you would consider?

Questions for Zaragoza:

 * Will you post a recording of how to say the name of your town so
   that all non-Spaniards can practice it before going?
 * Same as above: Does the venue have enough power sockets to enable
   attendees to recharge between events (lots of laptops => lots of
   flat batteries)?

Cheers,

Bruno