After following this debate,i sugest a professional open source web forum gateway based on mysql,full customized and mature solution:

http://www.simplemachines.org/ - www.simplemachines.org <http://www.simplemachines.org/> - Simple Machine Group - Open Source System.

I sugest you to install and test the SMF forum system and analyze deeply this sofware.

The SMF solution attends very well all TDF and L.O needs preserving private all user data all giving control to moderation with any abuse or blocking any "FUD" case.

The SMF can bind Huge databases in high loaded servers,it can be used at network cluster if needed.

Please Install and Test and let discuss this mature solution around here.

Alex.