From: Marc Paré [mailto:marc@marcpare.com]

Thanks to all the people who answered this. It seems whether LibreOffice
is partially or completely compliant to "OASIS version 1.2" is more
complicated to establish for non-dev people.

LibO is, like OOo, an extended conformance producer/consumer of
ODF1.2, in its default setup. Choosing ODF format version 1.2 in
Tools->Options->Load/Save->General makes it produce "conforming ODF
documents" as per 22.2.1.

Everything else is a bug. :)

   There is basically schema validation available, and there are a variety
   of schema verifiers.  It would be good to work cooperatively to improve
   them.  (Schema validity assessment is not enough to know that all of the
   ODF rules not baked into the schema are honored, but it is an important
   first-order start.)

http://www.probatron.org:8080/officeotron/officeotron.html to the
best of my knowledge goes beyond pure schema verification, but also
e.g. checks various prose-only normative requirements (e.g. for the
zip package).

I'm not subscribed to the users list, so if you need my answer,
please Cc me.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

Thanks for the two sites. I'll give them a try to see what kind of results. they get.

Cheers

Marc