On 11 September 2011 12:12, jmvangoethem <jm.vangoethem@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I have one request wich could let me quit Excel.

I need to have the following feature  ( include in Excel, but not yet in
LibreOffice for now )
I work mainly with links between several files. It means that a lot of
cells
have to show values of other cells of different files. LibreOffice does'nt
get automatic updates of these links, only manual.  ( except for DDE links
).

I don't really like DDE links, to heavy to use.  ( In one file, I have more
than 10.000 links, so I need very reactive links modules ).

Could you let me know if you intend to improve these features in the future
?  Or maybe give a solution.

This problem is the only "show stopper bug" to implement LibreOffice.

In advance, thank you for you answer.

Jean-Marie Vangoethem

--

Hi Jean-Marie

This does seem to work OK for me using Data > Define Range in the source
file and Insert > Link to External Data... in the target file.  Note that
you need to Save the source file for its data changes to become available.
You can also set the time between updates.

Tony