The odds of a take-down letter seem pretty slim for LibreOffice, but in principle, yes.

The intermediary (i.e., a mirror site) is saved harmless by specific provisions of the US Copyright
Code, but one requirement is that they respond to take-down notices in an appropriate manner.
Also, there are penalties for frivolous take-down notices, although I believe it is relatively easy
for an intermediary to vacate a notice after a response from the source of the material.

I am definitely not a lawyer, and I will not speculate further.  That seems to be consistent with
various actions I have seen on web sites that deal with these kinds of issues.

Some sites have a link for DMCA notices, often at the bottom of the page.  I see them from time to
time, but don't know where I last saw one.  I will check some obvious candidates:

Ah yes, YouTube has a "Copyright" link at the bottom of their main page, and it links to here:
<http://www.youtube.com/t/copyright_center>.  They lay out all of the various procedures, including
refutation of a notice, withdrawal of a notice, etc.  They are in the thick of it, of course.  In
our case, I think the only concern is assertion that some software has been misappropriated or is
being distributed in violation of someone's copyright.

Flickr has a link that goes to the Yahoo! page on the subject:
 <http://info.yahoo.com/copyright/us/details.html>.

 - Dennis