I'd like to quote my colleague Thorsten Behrens on this:

==
With the upcoming extension website,
we'll need some kind of click-through license agreement, for someone
submitting software, and a disclaimer on the front page, refusing
liability on third-party-provided software that we host.

What makes this really easier is that we'll for the while only host
opensource extensions, so at least in theory, one can properly
review the source code for any nasties.

Looked a bit into the boilerplate the Mozilla foundation came up
with, for that -

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/about
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/developers/docs/policies/reviews
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/developers/docs/policies/submission
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/about/legal.html

are the relevant pages I guess.

The meat of that is:

Legal Disclaimers and Limitations

Responsibility of Contributors. Those who post material to, provide
links to material from, or otherwise make material available by means
of Mozilla’s websites (“Contributors”) are entirely responsible for
the content of, and any harm resulting from, that material. By acting
as a Contributor, you represent and warrant that:

 * the downloading, copying and use of the materials you make
   available will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not
   limited to intellectual property rights, of any third party;

 * you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to
   such materials, and have done all things necessary to successfully
   pass through to end users any required terms;

 * the materials you make available do not contain any viruses, worms,
   Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;

 * the materials you make available are not obscene or libelous, and
   do not violate the right of privacy or publicity of any third party;
   and

 * you have, in the case of computer code, accurately categorized and
   described the type and nature of the materials if and when requested
   by Mozilla to do so.

Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Mozilla has
the right (though not the obligation) to, in Mozilla’s sole discretion:

 (a) remove any content that, in Mozilla’s reasonable opinion, violates
     any Mozilla policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable; or

 (b) require changes in any license agreement relating to any
     materials made available by any Contributor.

Responsibility of Website Users. Mozilla has not reviewed, and cannot
review, all of the material, including computer software, available on
or by means of Mozilla’s websites, and cannot therefore be responsible
for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating its
websites, Mozilla does not represent or imply that it endorses the
material there available, or that it believes such material to be
accurate, useful or nonharmful. You are responsible for taking
precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems
from viruses, worms, Trojan horses and other harmful or destructive
content. Mozilla's websites may contain content that is offensive,
indecent or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing
technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes and other
errors. Mozilla’s websites may also contain material that violates the
privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the proprietary rights, of
third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject
to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Mozilla
disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by
Mozilla's visitors of Mozilla’s websites, or from any downloading by
those visitors of content available on or by means of Mozilla’s
websites.

That whole DMCA guff they have there further down is prolly
unnecessary, we can simply link to our imprint, so people know whom
to contact.
==

Any feedback welcome, as we want to launch the extensions website soon. :)

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108