Well, Jesse - where to begin?

Let's start with what MHTML is - it is "Mime-encoded Hypertext Mark-up
Language" or alternatively "Multipart...". What this refers to is that
the various parts that may be in a web page (images, Flash videos,
audio tracks etc.) are all saved as a single file, usually with the
extension "*.mht", (which explains the "multipart" and then the whole
lot packaged as a 64-bit MIME (email message) encoded data (whiche
explains the Mime-encoded bit).

From that, you should gather the blindingly obvious fact that
web-browsers and web-page editors don't use it - since it is not a web
page structure or organisation. In fact, Microsoft IE5 could and did
and later versions have, I understand, a patch or add-on that can
allow them to read or save MHTML. I seem to recall that Opera and
Firefox also have add-ons that sort of let them do the same.

However, to the best of my knowledge not a single browser or any other
item of software on Linux has ever even tried to deal with this mess -
up to and including the Safari browser on Apple systems.

I can also tell you that in days gone by it was referred to as
"Microsoft Huge Text Mess Language" since it was and still is
something used almost exclusively by Microsoft products and
particularly by Microsoft Office. It always was - and always will be
in the future - a disastrous attempt by Microsoft to screw with the
heads of everyone else. It was quite rightly never supported and
should never be supported by anything either now or in the future!
Even Microsoft has pretty much given up on this particular mess.

It offers no convenience, no benefit, no organisational advantage, no
readability advantages, no operational benefits - nothing good at all
in fact. It is not and should *never* be supported.