Hi Dennis.

On 26/06/11 13:53, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
All right, let's put a stake through the heart of this puppy.

I just created three documents.  One is pretty large so I put them at Windows SkyDrive:
<https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=33894f6489994ba7&resid=33894F6489994BA7!371>

 1. A Microsoft Word 2010 1-page document with a small image and completely using the Linux
Biolinum G font, a GPL-ed font that came along with LibreOffice 3.3.2, the one I use for ODF
production work.  The document is almost 4 MB because I asked Word to embed every font (it
included 9, including the Biolinum G).
  This is the Word document whose name begins with Fonts-2011-06-25-18100-..

 2. An OpenOffice Text document produced from the Word document. It has no fonts and it is quite
small.  If you open it in LibreOffice 3.x, you may encounter a complaint that the file is
corrupted.  If so, let LibreOffice correct the document and it should be fine.  (There is some
breakage between some ODF 1.1 producers and some ODF 1.2 (anticipatory) consumers and we need to
sort that out.

 3. A PDF. It doesn't seem to have the fonts either.  Apparently the export didn't conclude that
any were needed.  I gave it permission to export the ones it could.  Alternatively, it might have
exported just what was needed. I can't tell.

 - Dennis